CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Altered Angel Shadow Frame


By Chris Stern / CS Designs

I have been collecting frames lately, especially shadow box type frames. I love being able to enclose things that have some dept to them and there are so many possibilities. I found this frame in a second hand store looking quite unloved and quickly snatched it up. 

While I was going through my Recycled Cards looking for just the right combination of colors for something else I found this Angel card, the face on it was rather disappointing so decided to yes you guessed it give it a face lift. I cut off all the excess of the card to make it fit inside the frame and then added a new face to it. The face is one of the designs from my soon to be released Simply Irresistible Series.  I colored the face with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine using paper stumps. I then squashed a bottle cap to frame the face and layered this over my Digital Stamp Design Striped Circle Petal Frame which I colored with markers.

This is not an elaborate alteration but it makes a rather calming piece which I can enjoy hanging in my art room. Sorry there are no photos of the before and after. I always get so wrapped up in the creative process that I forget to take photos until after I am either half way through or when I am already finished. I am definitely going to have to give this more consideration.

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to repurpose a lovely card. The new face is just charming. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice. She looks so tranquill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, copy cat that I am also going to look for frames.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful face lift you gave the angel, I really like how you did this! =)
    Been looking at frames too recently!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation!Your angel looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This angel has such a feeling of peace about her. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs