CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Altered Ocean Scene Frame


By Elenor  Sandstrom 

I found this frame in a second hand store and thought I could alter it a little and that worked out quite good.

I began with removing two small ladybugs from the frame and put them aside. Then I tried to remove all the dust that were on the stones and took away some small things that wasn’t needed. Last summer I picked some small shells and had saved them, so found them in my bookshelf and also had some shells that I bought when I was young, so thought they would look good with the frame.

The first thing I did after that was to print out the sentiment on a patterned paper that I wanted to use and added some punchinella on the back of it to make it look like it’s on a net. Then I glued it onto the fabric that’s the background of the frame!
I used my little glue gun to add the shells to the frame, my summer finds where added to the corners of the frame, around the sentiment and one among the rocks, the rest of them were added along the rocks to give it a beach look! The little ladybugs were added to the frame, so that it looks like they are peeking in inside to see what is happening! =) The bird that is hanging in the frame was there when I bought it so it could stay!









For more of Elenors lovely work visit her blog


<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely little scene you've created and a perfect place for your finds. I'll bet you'll smile at the memories every time you look at it. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea, very calming to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, I really like it and it hangs on my wall now! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs