CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Christmas Scraplings


By Chris Stern / CS Designs

Scraplings are usually sized to 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 but when I make Scraplings, I make them any size I like and usually to fit one of the main elements or the piece of scrap paper I want to use. For the two bottom layers of the card on the left, I used pieces from Recycled Greeting cards

The main focal point is one of my Christmas Text Ornaments . I colored the little bits on the ornament with Sharpie markers. I then applied a layer of clear packing tape over the top and cut around it with  the top with a layer of clear packing tape and cut around the edges. I  and then cut around the edges to give it an ornament shape. I then burnished the edges with the tool that came with my Score Board, but you could use something like a spoon or a Popsicle stick.

I then but a layer of packing tape over the top and did a wild cut around the edges.

Materials List:
Scraps of Recycled Gift Cards
Long Text Christmas Ornament digital Stamp by CS Designs
Card-stock, packing tape, double sided tape, brad


<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

2 comments:

  1. First time I've heard about scraplings, greatn name and it looks wonderful! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs