CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


O Christmas Tree Ornament



By Chris Stern / CS Designs

The inspiration for this ornament came from an old Christmas greeting card. It had a simple blue tree in the center that was covered in glitter. On the top part of the card was a heading that said "Oh Christmas Tree of all the trees most lovely"

I loved both the simplicity of the tree and the lovely sentiment and cut out both and gave them a bit of a face lift. I added a charming little face surrounded by a circle from a scrap piece of another card that also had some lovely glitter on it. I then framed the face piece with a round Spirelli shape wrapped with gold thread. I added a handmade coil on the top so it could be hung by a hook on a Christmas Tree or on the wall of my Art Room.

The Little Charmer Face has been colored with Prismacolor Pencils and blended with odorless turpentine using paper stumps which give a nice soft effect.

I love reusing old cards in my art because they have such wonderful textures, colors and bling. 

Materials List:
Little Charmers Face Collection 1 by CS Designs
Spirelli Ready to Print Kit by CS Designs
20 Gauge Brass Wire
Gold Embroidery floss
Small Wire Cutters and Jewelry Pliers 
Glue and Double Sided Tape
Note: Before I glued the whole thing together I traced around the tree shape I had cut to make a permeate template. I'll use the template at a later date to create similar ornaments. Although I used the sentiment that came with the card, any sentiment that fits the theme could be used.

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

7 comments:

  1. This is both modern and nostalgic. Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - the design, colors, the shimmer and sparkle. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ornament you createad adn I like the halo effect on her! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you offered a second and beautiful life to an old card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful idea, Chris! I hope you don't mind if I CASE this--it would make a lovely little insert for my next year's Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs