CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Recycled Re-gift O’ Christmas Tree Container

"I have been papercrafting for over 10 years and it is truly my form of therapy.  I work with numbers at my "real" job so I rely heavily on my creative side to keep me sane."


  
By Candy Geeter / Special Guest Artist
With the holiday season upon us finding the right gift is always a challenge.  However, you may not even realize it, but the perfect gift (with a few embellishments) may be right at your fingertips.  Last year I received a container of top of the line pens.  I love to write so these were the perfect gift.  The pens came in this really cool container and immediately when I saw it, I loved the container as much as I did the pens!

 I thought that with some designer paper, twine and a few embellishments I could re-gift this gift (the container) by filling it with sweet treats, tags, note cards, etc.  The possibilities are determined by your creativity.
I started out measuring my container and then cutting my designer paper to fit.  I used double sided designer paper, because I wanted it to be coordinated.  I even cut out paper for the inside of the lids, so the recipient of this gift will really be surprised by its contents.  I tied silver cord and sparkly twine on the outside and popped a metal “wish” embellishment on it.  I then cut a diecut Christmas tree and used CS Designs Text Christmas Tree to layer on top. This versatile Text Christmas Tree can be used to make tags, background paper, overlays, and so much more!  You should also check out the Text Ornaments!


I added a star brad and Stickles to add sparkle to my tree. If you look closely, you will notice that I changed the coloring on some of the words.



Supplies:
CS Designs “Text Christmas Tree”
Empty container (i.e. Crystal Light container)Supplies:
CS Designs “Text Christmas Tree”
Empty container (i.e. Crystal Light container)
Designer Paper, Cardstock
Fibers/Ribbon, Brads, Adhesive



TEASER ALERT:  Make sure you checkout next month’s issue of Art With No Boundaries Ezine to find out how I changed the color to parts of the text and how you can use this technique on your images too!

To see more of Candy's Lovely Work visit her blog

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

5 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! Brilliant putting the DP inside the container and then decorating the outside. Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea & very well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful container you altered and it looks perfect with the tree and the text! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you are....I found you. This is wonderful Candy...I love the design and how clever you are.
    I can't wait to learn how to change the color of the text. Missing you my friend. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs