CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Changing Color to Images MSW

By Candy Geeter

 Changing Colors to images
using MS Word (Version 2007)
I used MS Word 2007 for this particular tutorial; however, you can accomplish the same outcome using MS Word 2010 as well. The Picture Tab still holds the color changing buttons, but they are found under Color…Recolor.

1. Begin by opening up Microsoft Word and inserting a picture of your choice.

2. I have chosen CS Designs “How I love you” background art image for my project. (NOTE: Please always check with the artist regarding their Angel Policy before making changes to their artwork.)


3. Determine how many colors you would like to add to your image; because this will determine how many copies of the image you will need (not including your original). Example: I have chosen to add one color to my image; therefore, I need one additional copy of the image besides my original.



4. Once you have determined how many colors you would like to use, then click on one of your copies and the Picture Tab will be highlighted in MS Word. Under the Picture Tab, locate the “Recolor” button and select one of the “light variation” colors. I chose red.

 
5. After you have changed the color of your image, now it is time to crop the portion that you would like to work with. You can find the cropping tool under the Picture Tab as well.




MS Word 2007 Version


MS Word 2010 Version


6. The final step is to layer your color image on top of your original image.
Now you can print your image and use it on a card or project. Don’t forget to check out next month’s issue of AWNB Ezine to see how I use this background wordart.
Candy


For more of Candy's wonderful work visit her blog Purple Card Lady

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial, I just used it for another project! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Candy. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy, Thank you for sharing this tutorial. I usually change the color of my designs in either Inkscape or Gimp but both require a little more hands on knowledge and your method looks quite easy and quick, so will be having a look at that too. Thank you for taking the time to do all the screen shots, I am a very visual person and always love it when there are graphic examples.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the detailed tutorial. It makes me even more anxious, if possible, for a new computer; my MS Word is a 2000 edition, so it has none of the features shown. Sigh! I do have Gimp, and thanks to Chris's tutorial in the E-Zine, can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial. I do not use MS word, must get into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs