CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Embrace

EMBRACE ... {Guest Artist: Desíre Fourie‐ Project 1}

It was wonderful to have the opportunity to create with these gorgeous digital images designed by the very talented Chris Stern herself. For my first design I used the Striped Tree with one of the Big Tree Sentiments that comes with it in a set and you can purchase it here.

For me, this specific sentiment compliments the tree images beautifully. The tree was printed in three different sizes on white cardstock and the middle sized tree flipped horizontally. Then the trees were fussy cut, silver brads attached and foam tape applied behind the tallest tree and the sentiment for some dimension. The black lace design paper is from FabScraps and the pink script/polka dot double sided design paper is from Echo Park. I have created a twisted easel card design. Here is a tutorial for the semi-circle paper folding embellishments:




Here is a tutorial for the semi-circle paper folding embellishments:
Visit Desire's Blog ... Doing Live 
 to see more of her beautiful work

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

7 comments:

  1. It was a huge honour and a great joy to work with Chris, for my first guest artist appearance year. Hope you will have fun with my tutorial and look forward to hearing from you if you gave it a go.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely easel card you made, I like the trees in different sizes and the flowers really add something extra! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desire, lovely easel card and thanks for the tutorial. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desire, Thank you for sharing this lovely project with our readers. I love what you have done with Striped Tree and the Embrace Sentiment. I never consider using the tree design in this manner and the various sizes and the fact that you reversed one make it seem more like a real forest and your project has given me some wonderful ideas. I also love the depth your handmade flowers add to your work and will be trying these myself. It was a pleasure working with you and look forward to doing so again in the future.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial. The sentiment goes so well with those funky trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like those trees. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful, thanks for the tutorial. Away we will go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs