CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Giz's Hearts

By Chris / CS Designs
Meet Little Giz, a silly cat with a a charming personality. Giz is one of the designs in a new collection based on my daughter's big orange cat who is the worlds silliest felines.

This ATC uses Giz, Hearts and Whirly Hat. Giz was colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine using paper stumps.

The cording around the top and bottom corners is a hand made version of fancy butchers twine. I couldn't find any in our local stores so made my own with two balls of crochet cotten, one red and the other white. I cut two long strands of each and tied on of end of both to one of the cabinet knobs in my art room. I then twisted the cords together to make the twirled cording and wrapped the finished string on an old wooden spool for safe keeping. Because it has nothing to really keep it both together, it will unravel if left lose. Since it is secure on the spool, I can cut small pieces of the cording and tape it to any kind of art project.

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

4 comments:

  1. Lovely ATC with Giz, the cording is a great embellishment and good that you could make your own! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me that I haven't made an ATC in a long while. Neat idea for the cord, now I know how I can use up those bits of yarn I just can't throw away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs