CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Just For You Expressive Heart

by Cheryl Baker ... I have been crafting know for about 4 years,which is when I got my blog,thanks to a friend of mine,for persuading me to put my art work on show. I am into shall I say the unusual,designs which is why I love,using the CS Designs,as they are different and that is what I love. I suppose I will try anything,and love to play I am only now getting back into crafting after a nasty car accident last year. I am married with 2 grown up children,Lisa 27 and Gary 29 and 2 adorable dogs,Alice 8 year old west highland terrier,and Alfie, 9 month old Bichon-Fries', and oh love them to bits,they and my children are my life.  So when I get time I love to play,usually anything like altered art steampunk,and vintage my first love. I am on,several DT teams and love it,not only being on the teams,but the friendship that is found and seeing peoples amazing work.   The beautiful,things that people make are just incredible,and its a pleasure to see what wonderful art work there is out there.  Crafting people are the most amazing people and so friendly too,I have met some amazing people and feel really honoured to be part of it all. After all who would have thought that I would have been asked to be,in this magazine,so honoured,and chuffed to,use these amazing images,from a very talented designer.

I printed How Do I Love Thee Script Background txt background onto,cut it to,just under 6 by 6 used,some distress ink,around the edge. Then took some red card,piece of yellow paper then just,used a program to,make your heart smaller,to make another background.  Then took a frame from my stash,think its hunky dory,placed that onto some foam pads.  Then took my,quickie glue pen,and outlined your heart, took some some gilding flakes to highlight the wonderful swirls.  I then,printed out another heart,and just cut out the eyes,and mouth,and used some silicone gel too attach them onto the main heart,for added,dimension.  Then just finished with,some red ink,to highlight the heart then adhered it to the card.  Then just finished with a sentiment,and a die cut key.

Materials List:
Expressive Heart by CS Designs
How Do I Love Thee Script Background
(  from the Digital Engravings Collection).
Plain White Paper, Red, Yellow
Distress Ink
Quickie Glue Pen
Gilded Flakes



To view more of Cheryl's lovely work visit her blog Cheryl's Creative Cards & Atc's

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation you have made, nice touch with the different colors and the gold ! The key is a perfect embellishment!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun this looks amazing thank you for asking me love cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Cheryl! Love the sparkly "eye make-up" :D Congrats on the new post :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl is such a talented and truly special lady...so glad you can share some of her work. I just love her to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is Absolutely Gorgeous Cheryl ~ LOVE it! Congratulations!!!!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Cheryl. Congrats and well deserved. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Cheryl, congratulations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely piece. The little tucked-in note is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs