CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Love is Pink


By Chris / CS Designs
I am not much of a card maker as I prefer more unusual pieces, but I do enjoy making my version of Scrapings.  As mentioned in the last issue, Scraplings are mini cards that are 1.25" x 4.25" with the emphases being that they are made of scraps.  I have never been a conformist and tend to do what I like in my art so I make my Scraplings any size I like, and go heavy on the scraps and anything and everything is a good candidate for use on a Scraping.

Since this issue is dedicated to Valentine's Day, Love and Romance I though something a little different was in order. I am not really a pink person and pink and yellow seem to be the two most unused colors in my art, but I have always consider Valentines day an exception to the norm for me.

The Scraplings on the left is mainly pink with a little black thrown in for extra drama. The main focal point for this card is actually an Inchie I made for the last issue of the Ezine but did not use because it did not go with the Asian theme I was trying to archive. The main focal point is one of my Little Charmers faces. This little sweetie has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with orderless turpentine using paper stumps. The little black text on the top left corner of the Inchie is just a small piece I had leftover after punching out a small square from one of my new Digital Engravings Background designs.


The flowers are also left overs and it is a cut out of one of my squares from my Summer Garden collection. The black spiral diamond background is one of my new designs from my Digital Engravings Background collection. I grudged it up the whole thing a little with some pigment ink, and used a black ink pen to apply the dots around the postage style die frame. The little pearl is just a little added bling. I have a jar full of these but always forget to use them, and this piece just seemed to cry out for something really delicate and pretty.  The Love quote is just a simple sentiment from my new Valentine Mini Phrase collection, which is the prize for this months Share Your Art event for this issue.

If you would like a chance to win this mini phrase collection just share some of your art in the Share Your Art section of the Ezine's Interactive Zone.

Materials Used:
Little Charmer digital stamp design by CS Designs
Digital Engraving / Spiraled Diamond Background
Summer Garden Collection - 3 Fflowers
Pink and black card stock
Postage Stamp die from Cuttlebuy
Black pen and the usual crafting supplies such as double-sided tape etc. 

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a pink person either but this is beautiful, I really like the background around the little charmers face, that it shifts in different shades!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink is one of several colours I love, and this is a great pink creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink and black are very classy together. An unconventional valentines pairing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this, so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The geometric design on the edges really gives so much dimension!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs