CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Pirouette Valentine Art Tags

By Chris CS Designs

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I wanted to share this classy  art tag made with Pirouette who is one of the quirky dancers from my Express Yourself Series.  I just love her outfit and wish I had one just like it, especially those pants. This tag is not as colorful as most of my art tags but love the color combinations. Instead of coloring with my usual Prismacolors, I used Sharpie markers. There do not come in many colors that I know of but the colors are very deep and make a great contrast for the rest of the elements. The arty text background is one of my new digital designs from my Digital Engravings Background series, I am finding that I myself like using these more and more. The fibers are made from Crochet cotton and metallic embroidery floss. The little silver heart hanging from the top is one of a package I found at a dollar store. The grey corner scroll was cut on my Silhouette Digital Cutter.

Materials List Recap
Red, Grey, Black and white cardstock
Red & White Crochet Cotton
Metallic Embroidery Floss
Paper Corner Element
Heart Embellishment
The usual materials, scissors, glue etc
By Chris / CS Designs
Another Valentine Tag made with the whimsical Pirouette. This time I used a postage stamp design with a caption that best suites her personality.

Pirouette has been colored with Sharpie markers. The background script is my "How do I love Thee" Background is from my Digital Engravings series. To make the edges resemble more of a stamp, I punched the notches out with my small hand held round punch and then used the direct to paper technique around the edges to give it a little more color.

 The silver heart is from a package of heart charms I bought at a dollar store. I added a Red Heart brad over the dangling heard she is holding. I finished the whole thing off with some red and peach satin ribbon.

Materials List Recap
Pirouette Wild At Heart Postage Stamp
Red & Peach cardstock
Red & Peach Satin Ribbon
Pigment Ink
Mini Heart Brad
Silver Heart Element

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

4 comments:

  1. Both tags are really beautiful, lovely hear embellishments and the new postage digi with Pirouette is wonderful!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your postage stamps. Lovely tags. You are very clever with your layering

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs