CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Altered Heart Frame



By Candy Greeter


“How do I love thee…”  Altered Heart Frame

Greetings!  As promised I am back with another project using the tutorial I shared with you in the January issue of AWNB Ezine.  I hope that you were able to give it a try.  I used the same CS Designs “How do I love thee” background image to create my altered heart frame.


I followed the tutorial and changed the colors of my background image.  I then printed the image on regular copy paper and glued it with spray adhesive to my frame.  Using a crafting knife, I cut out the heart shape in the middle and any excess edges around the frame.  I used ribbon to trace around the heart center and added my embellishments (vines, roses, bling etc.).  Lastly, I added Stickles to my roses and sprayed the entire project with glitter mist.




Supplies:
Heart frame
CS Designs “How I love thee” background image
Various vine Die cuts
Silk flowers
Stickles
Ribbon
Glitter Mist
Bling gem dots



"I have been papercrafting for over 10 years and it is truly my form of therapy.  I work with numbers at my "real" job so I rely heavily on my creative side to keep me sane."


For more of Candy's wonderful creations visit her blog Purple Card Lady




<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

9 comments:

  1. Candy this is beautiful. Love the text background and the flower spray.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candy, This is just so very elegant and I love everything about it. Thank you for sharing this in this issue. It is great to see such a gorgeous project made from your previous color tutorial. I learned quite alot from it myself and will now be trying more color alterations in my own art.

    It has been a pleasure having you as a Guest Artist again this month and I look forward to working with you again in future issues.

    BTW, Love the new bio photo, such a great smile and the cheeriness just comes shining through.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, thank you as usual for your kind words. I LOVE working with your artwork. You are truly an inspiration to me. :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love the "How do I love thee" text framed by the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation Candy! =) Thanks for the tutorial on the background, used it for my piece this issue! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!!! I love the roses and the intricate rose leaves and vine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs