CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Expressive Dreamer Faux Metal ATC



By Chris / CS Deigns
The ATC on the left was created around an inchie I made for the Inchie Tutorial of the December Issue but decided not to include as I thought the colors would be better suited for a Valentines project.

The Inchie:
The main focal point of the inchie used for this ATC is the Arty Expression 1 digital stamp design. which has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine using paper stumps. The background underneath uses the Collage Text Background digital stamp from my Digital Engravings Background Series. As accents I printed an used the word Dreamer and applied silver pen around the edges.


The ATC Layer:

 This ATC has a split background, for the left portion I printed the “How do I love Thee“ background digital stamp on hot pink card stock. The portion on the right is a piece of Chalk Marbleized paper,I created especially for the Chalk Marbleizing Tutorial in another section of this issue. As accents, I used a silver wire coil, heart charm, embossed corner mounts and silver mesh.


Silver Embossed Corner Mounts:
To create the corner mounts as well as the embossed section under the inchie, I taped Aluminum Foil Tape to a plain piece of card stock and then ran that through my Cuttlebug sandwiched between a polk-a-dot  embossing folder. I cut a square from the embossed piece and then cut it in the middle in the diagonal which gave me the shape for the corner mounts.Any Embossing folder can be used or you can also make your own indentations and designs with a dry embossing stylus or empty ball point pen.


Materials Used:
Arty Expression 1 digital stamp by CS Designs
How do I love Thee background digital stamp by CS Designs
Card stock, white & hot pink
Prisma color pencils, odorless turpentine and paper stumps for blending.
Metal embellishments:
Silver coil - Garden wire
Silver Heart Charm - Dollar store
Corner Mounts - Aluminum Foil Tape  Hardware Store
Silver mesh - Christmas Inventory
General Materials:
Glue, double sided tape, scissors, cutters etc.


Other Tutorials that go with this project:
Chalk Marbleizing Tutorial
Wire Elements Making Your Own




<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ATC and you framed the image perfectly! =) I have been using aluminium foil tape too, lately! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just gorgeous! Love those embossed corners! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs