CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Kitty Whiskers Fridge Magnet


By Chris / CS Designs
One can never have too many Kitty Magnets, yes I love magnets and especially if they have some kind of feline on them. This time I decided to make my own and I used the Absolute Purrr-fection Postage digital stamp and the main focal point. Little Mister Whiskers has been colored with Sharpie Markers. For the backdrop, I used various pieces of scrap papers. The strip on the bottom is a piece from my ever growing scrap pile and the two top ones are some I made myself. The piece on the left is a wrinkled, distressed and splattered piece lefter from a batch I made some years ago and the one on the right is simple text printer on golden orange printer paper. Because I think you shouldn’t mess with perfection the only adornment is a small piece of ribbon.

Paper Thickness How-to
I love 3d and thick elements, but living in a rural community with limited shopping amenities, it is not always easy to find exactly what I need so for years I have found it necessary to create my own. It is really pretty simple and it doesn’t take much in the way of supplies. Both the main section and the background section of the Kitty Whiskers Magnet were created by cutting out the first top layer and then cutting, gluing and stacking similar layers underneath to build height. I use this technique for all sorts of things including strengthen my art dolls, making my own paper dominoes and giving height to my inchies.


Materials List:
Absolute Purrr-fection Postage digital stamp by CS Designs
Assorted Papers (scraps)
Sharpie Markers
Scrap Ribbon
Magnet
Miscellaneous Materials List:
Adhesives, scissors and cutters etc.


<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

3 comments:

  1. Great magnet and nice to hear about your layering to add thickness your creations! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs