CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Madame de Pompadour Valentine ATC


By Chris / CS Designs

I’m a big fan of  the BBC Scifi Series Doctor Who and among my many favorite episodes of the 10th Doctor is one called “The Girl in the Fireplace” where the Doctor visits 18th century Versailles, and meets Madame de Pompadour.  I have been wanting to create a digital stamp design based on Madame de Pompadour since I first saw this episode and what better time to release her than the Romantic month of February. She is rather stylized and a new addition to my Expressive Series.

 I think she is rather lovely all by her self so decided to create an ATC and keep it fairly simple. The main focal point, Madame de Pompadour has been colored with Sharpie Markers. They are quite different that Copic markers and thing they give her dress somewhat of a suede look. For a little bling, I added white pearls on top of the roses on her dress and hair. For the very bottom layer of the Atc, I printed the “How do I love the” Script Background digital stamp) on pale pink card-stock and then overlaid a layer of red card stock. For the corners I used the Ornate Victorian Corner digital stamp design and then applied a see through layer of red mesh as a backdrop for Madame de Pompadour.

Materials List:
All Digital Stamps by CS Designs
Madame de Pompadour digital Stamp
Ornate Corner Mount digital stamp
How do I love Thee Script Text background stamp
Pink and Red Card-stock
Red mesh and white pearls
Regular materials the usual adhesives and cutters etc.

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

3 comments:

  1. Madame Pompadour looks stunning, love her style! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madame Pompadour will certainly win her Valentine's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I really like the mesh and all the layers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs