CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Pieced Art Doll Card


By Judy Frey
In October I purchased Little Digital Stamp designs by CS Designs. Since then the little face images have inspired and challenged me. Using Microsoft Word and Photoshop Elements I have started creating my own digital "bodies".


I am new at using Photoshop Elements and  keeping in mind CS Design guidelines I am looking forward to incorporating CS Designs into future projects. 


Project Instructions:
I drew a doll with out a face in Microsoftt Word then made a pdf. I opened the pdf  in Photoshop Elements cleaned the doll up a bit  then made a png. I opened the png. in Microsoft word and merged  scanned wallpaper and the image

I resized the Little Charmer Face in Microsoft Word then printed it out, colored it, cut it  and glued the face and other embellishments to the top layer of the card front.

I cut the first layer to size, then added the green card stock. I will follow this technique with other Little Charmer faces. I will sometimes cut out the doll add the face then may or may not add a background. When using an image like Pirouette I would print,color then  cut her out to add to a background I have made.
Materials used:
Little Charmers Digital Stamp Collection 2 by CS Designs
Digital Body image by Judy Frey
Old Wallpaper and scanned image of wallpaper.
Pearl embellishments,ribbon
Recollections flower punch
Cardstock
Crayola pencils for lips and cheeks


Judy Frey
Alberta, Canada
Retired,wife,and mother to one awesome daughter.

Note from the Editor !!!  Judy doesn't have a site or blog so please be sure to leave her a lovely comment below







<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

5 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, Such a pleasure to have you as a Guest Artist in the Ezine again. Thank you for sharing your lovely project. You did a fantastic job on your art doll, your write up was very informative and I love the wallpaper dress.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful piece! I admire your ability with Photoshop Elements; I have Elements, but just haven't conquered it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card you made Judy and great work using the programs! =)
    I just love everything in green colors! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool - I love the soft tones and that's a great doll digi :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! I love the colors and the soft tones and the digi is awesome. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs