CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Valentine Giz



By Elenor Sandstrom
When I first saw Giz the cat I got this idea that he would look good on a Valentine, so I decided to see if that would work out. I first printed out Giz and colored him with my promarkers, so that he looked ready for Valentine in his striped top. Then I remembered the tutorial by Candy from the January's issue about changing the color of digital images and opened Word for Windows and managed to change the color of the Live, Love, Sing & Dance background from CS Designs to a red/brown color, which worked great as a background for Giz!

I choose a red cardstock as the card base and added the background with doublesided tape, then added Giz with 3D foam that were leftovers from an earlier project. Something more was needed so I found some charms I bought earlier with double hearts and added a red ribbon with small dots to the charm and it's attached with a glue dot.  I had some leftover ribbon so that's what Giz is standing on. This is my first valentine this year and I'm happy with how the card turned out! 
Materials used for this card are: 
Little Giz Hearts & Whirly Hat ... Digital Stamp / CS Designs
Live, Love, Sing & Dance background / CS Designs
white paper for printing out images on,
red cardstock, promarkers, heart charm, ribbon,
doublesided tape, gluedots and 3D foam.
                                  
      For more of Elenor's lovely work visit her blog

By Elenor Sandstrom

My name is Elenor and I live in Umeå, a city in the north of Sweden!
I love making cards, but also to find objects that I can alter and use in recycling projects!
Love learning new things about crafting and get inspiration online from other crafters!

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

5 comments:

  1. Elenor this is gorgeous and the heart charms are a nice finishing touch. Love the background stamp.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elenor, Thank you for sharing your Giz Valentine card in this issue. I love the bright colors you have used and also the effect where there is no color added. It makes Giz look totally different and gives him a rather trendy and modern look. It is also great to see the Live, Love, Sing & Dance background in color. You coordinated everything to perfection, or maybe I should say Purrr-fection. :)

    Your work as always is superb and it is always such a pleasure to work with you.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giz looks so happy to be wearing the wonderful colours you've given him. The colouring on the background digi goes so well with Giz's outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Elenor, and I love how you changed the black lines of the background stamp, to match the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet digi and bright colored card. I love the added charms also. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs