CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Altered Asian Box


By Elenor Sanstrom
I found this little box with coasters at a flea market and thought it would be a good project for recycling! =)

I wasn't sure what to make of it, after I had given my mum all the coasters, so decided to check through my digis first. When I found CS Designs beautiful Anna May Wong digital stamp I just had to print her out and color her with my promarkers. Her hair got a brown color, the decorations in her hair are in green, yellow and red tones and a slight touch of pink on her lips.

Then back to the box, I have package of asian style napkins that are well used for crafting, so I cut out a piece and used my decoupage glue to add it to the lid of the box. Since the wood is so dark I had to add two layers of napkins and I really like how it turned out!

I added Anna Wong with my trusty glue and then used a stamp pad to chalk the edges of the lid in champagne. To make sure it wouldn't come off I use a varnish spray and on the areas where it didn't work, I added some more decoupage glue. I really like how it turned out and maybe I'll keep it or give it to a friend, haven't decided yet! =)




By Elenor Sandstrom

My name is Elenor and I live in Umeå, a city in the north of Sweden!

I love making cards, but also to find objects that I can alter and use in recycling projects!

Love learning new things about crafting and get inspiration online from other crafters!




For more of Elenor's beautiful work visit her blog:
Ellis pyssel och ditt å datt 




 

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

6 comments:

  1. Elenor, You did a beautiful job on this box, it is absolutely gorgeous and I am so pleased that you shared it with me and our readers. It is both beautiful and dramatic but also quite serene to look at. You know I have always loved all your work, but your Asian projects most of all, just blow me away.

    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Chris, your Asian designs has a special place in my heart! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous box Elenor. Excellent transformation that will now be treasured

    TFS

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Annie and Candy! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box.. I love them. Janny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs