CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Blue & Purple Victorian Millinery Art Tag


Materials List:  
Victorian Millinery Digital Stamp / CS Designs.
Style & Grace Digital Background Stamp CS Designs. Prismacolor Pencils, Odorless Turpentine, Paper Stumps
Adhesives, Cutting Tools and Corner Rounder,
Silver Eyelet, beads and brad and fibers
Embossing Folder and Cuttlebug
Pigment Ink
By Chris / CS Designs

I love the beauty and quaintness of the Victorian and Edwardian Eras and I am slowly adding more of these types of designs to my Digital Stamp collections.

This Art Tag uses my Victorian Millinery Digital Stamp design as the main focal point and it has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine using paper stumps.

I have kept this one fairly simple with the only real adornments being my Digital Engraving Style and Grace Background digital stamp and the little bling on the hat and the silver beads attached to the fibers. The tiny silver beads add just a sprinkle of charm without being over powering.

I think this is one of those designs that can depict  elegance without really needing much of anything else.

The soft blue middle layer has been embossed using a Cuttlebug Folder and the bottom layer uses a piece of one of my upcoming Style and Grace Digital Engravings Text Background digital stamp designs.

The Text Background was printed on white cardstock using a laser printer, and then colored using various shades and the direct to paper technique using petal point pigment ink. The little white that shows on the background is a bit of white Prismacolor pencil that I added before applying the direct to paper technique and acted as somewhat of a color resist.

A single silver brad with a blue jewel in the center have been used as an additional adornment on her hat.



<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

1 comment:

  1. I love the beautiful colors you used. Janny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs