CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Asian Dragonfly Recycled Slide Mount


By Chris / CS Designs

Asian Dragonfly Recycled Slide Mount

I have never been a pink person, but lately I seem to be creating more pieces in this color. I think it is because of the softness it adds to a piece. The main focal point for this Altered Slide Mount is my Asian Geisha Montage 1 digital stamp design. She has been colored with Prismacolored Pencils, using Odorless Turpentine blended with Paper Stumps. The Slide Mount has been cover with Pink Cardstock on which I have printed my How Do I love Thee digital stamp. The edges of the slide mount have  fine inking of pigment ink to give the front a little more dimension.


To add some depth as well as a little bling I added a Wire and Beaded Dragon Fly I created about 5 years ago. I have ton of these sitting in a tackle box, now that I have more time to play with my own designs, I am also enjoying using some of the things I never had time to use before.  The pink rhinestones are also something I have had for a while.

Materials Used:
Asian Geisha Montage digital stamp / CS Designs
How Do I love Thee, digital stamp background / CS Designs
Wire Beaded Dragonfly
Prismacolor Pencils, Odorless Turpentine, Paper Stumps
Pink Wire, Assorted Beads and Pink Rhinestones


<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

5 comments:

  1. Just so beautiful. Love the use of the slide mounts and the wire dragonfly is a nice touch to this one.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 500-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful, great colors, even if they are pink and the dragonfly is a perfect embellishment! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahh what a wonderful idea, and to think I threw away all these old slide mounts years ago! Going to have to go on a hunt for more now! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pink! Love that handmade bead dragonfly! Great way to recycle the slide mounts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not all that much for pink either, but it's perfect here. LOVE your dragonfly! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs