CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Asian Rapture Recycled Slide Mount

Asian Altered Slide Mount

By Chris / CS Designs
The main focal point for this Recycled Slide Mount is my Asian Geisha Montage 1 digital stamp design. It has been colored with Prismacolor Pencils, and blended with Odorless Turpentine using Paper Stumps.

The Rapture and the vintage sheet covering the slide mount were computer generated.

The little paper star is one I made quite a lot of years ago but never used. To create it, I drew the stylized star shape, cut it out and then glued more pieces of card stock to be back of it and cut around it to give the star some thickness. I did this several times until I was satisfied with the thickness. The star already had two holes in it as I had intended to use this a s button when I created it and I used copper thread to give the appearance that it was sewn on.

I also cut a bit of the copper thread tied knots on the ends and slipped it in back of the star which has been attached with Tacky Glue.  The Rhinestone was also glued on using Tacky Glue. I have used the direct to paper technique using pigment inks on the Slide Mount, Rapture Sentiment, Muisc Sheet and the Star. 
Materials List:
Asian Geisha Montage 1 Digital Stamp / Chris / CS Designs
Rapture Sentiment and Vintage Music Sheet
Recycled Paper Slide Mount
Prismacolor Pencils, Odorless Turpentine, Paper Stumps
Pigment Ink, Tacky Glue
Cardstock, Copper String, Amber Rhinestone
General Adhesives and Cutting Tools

Note: I have not offered my Vintage Music Sheet in the CS Designs store yet, as there are so many of these available from other sources. If it is something you would like to seem me offer, please let me know and I will consider it.
Asian Recycled and Altered Photo Slide Mount

<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

5 comments:

  1. Great make here Chris. Gorgeous image and I love the music sheet. The embellishments really pull this project together. TFS

    Annie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a perfect use for your slide frame! =) Great colors and star! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Chris! you could definitely start a new trend with these. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeously creation. Love the autumn colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs