CS Menu

An Expressive and Innovative Mixed Media Art Ezine for Paper Crafters, Collage and Assemblage Artists


Steampunk Recycled Altered Slide Mount Wallhanging

By Chris / CS Designs

After creating several altered slide mounts, I wanted to create something a little different, and decided to make a mini wall hanging that I could display in my art room. I love steam punk and although I often give away or sell many of my pieces, I do keep my favorites and this one has earned a special place on one of my walls.

The main focal point for this piece is my digital stamp is the beautiful and demure Cosmo from my Celestial digital stamp collection. Cosmo has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine using paper stumps.

I taped Cosmo to the back of a prepared slide mount. To prepare the mount, I removed the film and covered the mount with red card stock which I printed several artistic sentiments on.
Altered Recycled Steampunk Photo Mount Wall Hanging
The gears and other steam punk elements are also my own designs. I attached the Steampunk elements and Wire Swirls with Tacky Glue and brass brads.

The Wall Hanging Foundation: The foundation for the wall hanging is a page from a Children’s Board Book that I had left over from altering books for March issue. I painted the board book page with red acrylic paint and after it was dry, I went around the edges with Gold Pen. After everything was dry, I made two holes one on each side at the top of the foundation. I created little coils on the front so that the wire would hold securely. I then attached the finished slide mount on the front.
Materials Used
Cosmo Digital Stamp Design CS Designs
Steam Elements Digital Stamps / CS Designs
Page from Childern's Board Book
Recycled Slice Mount
22 Gauge Brass Wire
Assorted Brads
Prismacolor Pencils, Pigment Ink
Acrylic Paint, Gold Pen
Assorted Adhesives, Cutting and Wire Tools


<---  Previous Page
... Back to Main Table of Contents ...
Next Page --->

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is very creative!! I love all of the details! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping bye and for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) Chris / CS Designs