|Annie Gilmour |
To make this wall hanging I took a piece of cardboard, roughly 8 by 7.5 inches and adhered a piece of cotton fabric with multi medium.
A piece of corrugated card was blended with ink and distressed cotton from my stash.
The Victorian Millinery digital stamps were resized as required and printed off . I then coloured them with various makes of markers before cutting sections of the hat as I wanted to decoupage it. I like to remove the white edges of cut pieces as it gives a really nice finish and did this using a dark grey marker but you could use a pencil.
I used silicone to adhere the hat and rounded the decoupaged elements slightly, adding shape to the hat. Once satisfied and the silicone dried I covered the whole image in paper varnish, which gives a lovely finish.
I used Gold Labels Four dies, which I thought looked Victorian, placing the main image, blending inks around the edge. I then added some buttons from my stash, adding some thread. Some lace was attached using brads, which I then covered with buttons to complete the look.